I love eating ice cream straight from the pint while I binge watch my favorite TV shows. The problem? My hand always gets so cold! In the past, I’ve used a washcloth to keep my hand from touching the freezing cardboard, but it doesn’t fit very well and almost always ends up with ice cream on it. The solution? I made my own Ice Cream Pint Koozie. It fits all my pints of ice cream perfectly, is colorful, and keeps my hand nice and comfortable while I’m enjoying my favorite pint!
- Cotton fabric (great scrap buster!)
- Large Piece Paper
- Thin Elastic
- Pint of Ice Cream
- Place your pint of ice cream on your paper starting on the edge of the nutrition label. Begin tracing your pint. Roll and keep tracing. Trace all the way through plus about 3”.
- Cut your pattern out from your paper and double check that it fits your pint.
- Cut about ½” off the top and bottom of the pattern to make it fit only the middle of your pint.
- Use your pattern to cut your piece of cotton and piece of fleece.
- Line your two pieces of fabric up with right sides facing in. Cut a small loop of elastic (the size necessary to fit over your button.) Place the loop of elastic on the middle of one of the short ends with the loop on the inside. Pin in place.
- Using a ¼” seam, sew your fabric together leaving a small opening. Cut out each corner when you’re done.
- Pull fabric through the opening until it’s all right side out. Fold opening edges in.
- Run a finishing seam around the edge of the koozie to close the opening and to give it a finished look.
- Wrap the koozie around the pint and mark where the button should go. Sew the button in this location.
- Enjoy delicious ice cream without getting your hand cold!